Electrical Contractor Costs, Overcharging & Pricing
The Gambia Electrical Company charge correctly and fairly for our work. We always charge according to our quoted rates. Because we believe in giving a value for money service, as we rely on the recommendations of satisfied customers.
Our policy on overcharging is unequivocal, and we do not tolerate it. In the unlikely event that any of our engineers ever deliberately disregard this policy then they will be dismissed. All times charged for can be checked with our high-tech tracking system; materials costs can be checked with receipts.
We will always take responsibility for our charges and if you think that you have been overcharged, please call our 24 hour manned office. We will resolve your issue, verifying times charged for, and material costs. If found that you were overcharged then a refund will be made accordingly.
Electrical Costs, Overcharging & Pricing
When it comes to costs, pricing, estimates and tenders, we promise that we will:
- Not overcharge customers under any circumstances.
- Not carry out any unnecessary work.
- Not talk customers into any work that is not needed.
- Not charge for any wasted or unnecessary time when undertaking your work.
- Not charge for two tradesmen on two-handed work unless necessary – an apprentice will be used wherever possible.
- Not charge for excessive time spent collecting materials. Collection times over 60 minutes must be agreed with the customer.
- Not charge an excessive trade markup on materials – a maximum of up to 25% is company policy.
- Not charge for unnecessary time spent away from the job, and always keep customer informed when leaving the job.
- Not charge for tea and lunch breaks.
- Not charge for non-work related phone calls, or engage in them during working time.
- Make sure that we only charge for time spent at a job and the number of hours worked.
- Make sure that any estimated work that is costed at our day rate of 10 hours.
- Make sure that we work a full 10 hour day when on a day rate.
- Make sure that the cost of any fixed price work is within 10% of that which the job would have cost at our hourly rates.
- Make sure we present an invoice showing a comprehensive description of work, with a full breakdown of labour & materials.